- For the fifth-consecutive game the Bruins have opened with a 2-0 lead…which quickly turned into a 4-0 lead. Who would have thought that just two-weeks ago, this Bruins’ team couldn’t buy a goal.
- Marc Savard registered his eighth and ninth assist in his last eight games since returning from MCL injury – on the Bruins’ first [Satan] and fourth [Ryder] goals in the first.
- Miro Satan beat Antero Niittymaki for his third goal of the season, and first in his last 11 games. The top-line, in their third game together, are really finding their groove.
- Milan Lucic tipped-in his fourth goal of the season in the slot from a shot by Michale Ryder. No. 17 snapped a six-game point-less drought with the Bruins’ second goal of the game.
- Michael Ryder has three shots on goal thus far: two of those have hit the back of the net, including one on the power play. Ryder now has 15 goals on the season, and has 2-1-3 totals thus far tonight.
- Tuukka Rask continues to his stellar play, stopping all 13 shots he’s faced thus far…with relative ease.
- Steve Downie, who just a few weeks ago tried to go at it with Alex Ovechkin, drew a roughing penalty as he dropped the gloves with Satan. Nothing was made out of it, but keep your eyes peeled for No. 9 in Black and Blue…as I’m sure Lucic or Shawn Thornton will give him some back-and-blues of his own.
- Slim and none chance that Niittymaki comes out for the second period, as I’d bet a nickle that head coach Rick Tocchet will most likely give Mike Smith the reigns. Niittymaki has allowed four goals on a whopping 21 first period shots-against