BOSTON — Well the Bruins didn’t get off to a fast start tonight as Brian Gionta scored the games first goal just 2:45 in off a defensive miscue in Boston’s end. Although the Black and Gold generated some pressure and responded fairly well after Gionta’s tally, they still trail 1-0 after 20 minutes.
- Looks like Brad Marchand is a little nervous early on playing in his first playoff game. He had a couple of chances on Carey Price early on, one on a breakaway during the power play and another on the doorstep with a wide open net. But he couldn’t capitalize on either.
- PK Subban seems to be doing a little embellishing right now. He drew a couple of hooking penalties on Tomas Kaberle and David Krejci during the first. However, the refs have called a couple of penalties on the Habs and the Bruins will get a chance on an abbreviated power play when Krejci gets out of the box. At this rate, though, PK might get some recognition for the academy awards.
- It looks like the chemistry of Canadiens forwards Scott Gomez and Gionta have developed that chemistry again. Gomez dished out a nice feed to Gionta on the first goal off a Kaberle turnover in the Bruins’ zone.
- Doesn’t look like fatigue is an issue early on for Price making eight first period saves. Thomas, for his part, shook off the first Montreal goal and has been pretty steady since making seven saves.
- The Habs are 0-for-2 on the power play, the Bruins are 0-for-1.