In what could very well be their best 20 minutes of the season, the Baby B’s put on relentless pressure on Connecticut netminder Cam Talbot – outshooting the Whale 19-9 in the middle stanza – and take a 3-2 lead after 40 minutes.
- After Alden Hirschfeld tied things at 1-1 just 2:47 into the second, Chad Kolarik added his second goal of the night and eighth of the season to put the Whale ahead 2-1 at 12:48. But two goals in 1:09 by defensemen Tommy Cross (his first career AHL goal at 14:44) and David Warsofsky (his second of the year at 15:53) gave the Baby B’s a huge lift heading into the final period.
- Both Chris Bourque and Connecticut forward Kris Newbury have two assists on the night.
- For the majority of the 40 minutes, Providence had been aiming towards Talbot’s glove and have seemed to have found a little weakness in the Connecticut goalie. Hirschfield and Cross’ goals came glove side via the wrist shot. Warsofsky’s goal came on the slap shot beating Talbot five-hole.
- Much like the bout between Logan Pyett and Bobby Robins in the first period, Michael Haley and Matt Bartkowski fought to a draw in the second fight of the night. The two dropped the gloves at 7:22 of the second.
- Six Baby B’s – Hirschfeld, Cross, Bartkowski, Bourque, Justin Florek and Kyle MacKinnon – are a plus-2 on the night.