Home Team, Boston Bruins: 33-28-12, 78 points, 8th Eastern Conference, 4th Northeast Division, 15-15-6 at home, 4-5-1 last 10 games
The Boston Bruins will host the Calgary Flames at the TD Garden this afternoon at 1 p.m. EST. One hour prior to action, however, Bruins’ injured center Marc Savard will address the media, alongside B’s general manager Peter Chiarelli, live on NESN and streamed on bostonbruins.com . This is the first press conference since Savvy suffered a Grade 2 concussion on Mar. 7 in Pittsburgh.
[table “50” not found /]
- This will be the 95th meeting between the B’s and Flames, with Boston holding a 51-32-10-1 record against Calgary, and the 324-298 scoring edge. This will be their one-and-only contest of the season.
- Despite peppering Tamp Bay net-minder Antero Nittymaki with 50 shots on Thursday night, The Bruins went 0-3 on the power play against the Lightning in their 5-3 defeat. The B’s are now just 1-24 without Marc Savard — and 0-22 in their last eight games — so head coach Claude Julien must seriously consider shaking-up the PP lines sooner than later.
- Tuukka Rask allowed a season-high five goals on 18 shots on Thursday night. But don’t look too much into it; it was the Bruins’ strongest points all season (defense) that let them down and allowed too many odd-man rushes for the Lightning , leaving Rask as the last line of defense. The 23-year-old is still numero uno in the NHL in goals-against (2.11) and third amongst all goaltenders with a .927 save-percentage.
- Will the real David Krejci please stand-up…3-8-11 scoring totals, plus-10, and 19 SOG over his last eight games.
- After going scoreless in seven games prior, Zdeno Chara is riding a two-game point-streak: 1-1-2, plus-4, and 10 SOG
- Patrice Bergeron: 4-5-9 in his last nine games
- Dennis Seidenberg: 0-7-7 in last nine
- Mark Recchi: 4-3-7 in his last nine
- Johnny Boychuk: 2-1-3 in three of his last four games
Mar. 25 lineup:
Sturm — Bergeron — Recchi
Wheeler — Krejci — Ryder
Lucic — Begin — Satan
Paille — Whitfield — Thornton
Chara — Seidenberg
Stuart — Wideman
Boychuk — Ference
Scratched: Marchand, Hunwick
IR: Marc Savard (concussion)
Maybe: Vladimir Sobotka — who suffered a “mild concussion” in Tuesday’s game against the Atlanta Thrashers — missed Thursday’s game against T.B., but skated with the team at Ristuccia Arena for yesterday’s practice.
For more Clagary Flames news, check out Matchsticks and Gasoline over at SBNation.