[table “54” not found /]
- Three goals allowed on 14 shots through 26:08 was enough for Tim Thomas. The Bruins’ net-minder has now been yanked six times this season in favor of Rask.
- The third Sabres goal of the game was taking advantage of yet another Bruins turnover… a soft goal with the onus on Thomas and Wideman once again.
- Wideman has been at least partially to blame for all three goals tonight — all missed blocked shots for a minus-3 on the night.
- Seidenberg gets the runner-up, ”Turnstile King of the Night.” A failed clear, turning the puck over for the third Sabres goal of the game; and a middle-of-the-ice turnover on the power play. Rask came up big once again, keeping the game at 3-1.
- “Tuukka Time” once again, stopping all 11 shots he faced in over 12 minutes of action between the pipes. I’m not sure how Rask won’t start the rest of the games from here-on-out. But then again, how many times have we said that this season?
- Bruins are 0-for-1 on the power play with three shots on goal; but will have the first 0:13 of the third period to capitalize on a Derek Roy hooking call.
- Boston killed-off their lone penalty (Sturm, hooking) now having successfully killed 17 for their last 19 times short.