- Maple Leafs’ bruiser Colton Orr scores NHL career goal number eight, and fourth of the season. It’s all Toronto in the Air Canada Centre tonight — peppering 14 shots on goal in Bruins’ goaltender Tuukka Rask, and six extra that were blocked by the Black-and-Gold.
- All new lines, but same ‘ol result. Just five shots on goal with zero making it behind Leafs’ net-minder, Jonas “The Monster” Gustavsson.
- The new 23-and-under line, Marchand – Sobotka – Wheeler, are showing some signs of life. Two good scoring opportunities early in the first. Good to see the AHLer Marchand get another crack at this line-up. His hustle and overall effort is going to be contagious — hopefully.
- B’s killed off a two-man disadvantage — Ryder hooking, Seidenberg boarding — that lasted over 1:30 in the middle of the first. They have now successfully killed off 22 of their last 24 times short.
- Zdeno Chara played 2:06 of the 2:23 total on the shorthand while Johnny Boychuk logged 2:00.
Lucic – Bergeron – Recchi
Sturm – Krejci – Satan
Marchand – Sobotka – Wheeler
Paille – Begin – Ryder
Chara – Seidenberg
Hunwick – Boychuk
Bondarchuk – Wideman