- Milan Lucic scored his team-leading 13th goal of the 2010-11 NHL season on a wrap-around wrister that had eyes — snapping Ryan Miller’s amazing shutout streak at 161:35. Lucic now has 3-2-5 in four of his last five games with a plus-5; with the assist, David Krejci has 2-3-5 and a plus-6 in four of his last five; and Nathan Horton (assist) is riding a three-game point streak with 1-2-3 and a plus-6 rating.
- Johnny Boychuk landed numerous upper-cuts on former Bruins defenseman, Steve Montador following the goal, while pounding him to the ice. Too bad both players were rocking half-visors.
- Buffalo opened the period spending a whole lot of time in the Bruins’ end. Goalie Tim Thomas, although not really tested in the first frame, did make all the saves he needed while dealing with some pesty Sabres around his crease. And for the amount of shots he’s been getting hit with as of late, it’s comforting to see just eight shots come his way.
- Shawn Thornton was hit in the wrist with a deflected shot early-on. No. 22 skated to the bench and down the ramp to the Bruins’ locker room, but the tough S.O.B. returned just minutes later.
- Both Gregory Campbell and Marc Savard are 4-for-5 (80%) inside the face-off circle tonight.
Boston: Lucic (13) from Krejci (13) and Horton (13)
SHOTS ON GOAL:
Bruins: 5 (Boychuk, fighting)
Buffalo: 7 (Montador, roughing, fighting)
Bruins: 15-for-22 (68%)
Buffalo: 7-for-22 (32%)