- Flyers’ forward Jody Shelley nearly put Bruins’ defenseman Adam McQuaid out of commission for a very long time. Just five minutes into the second period Shelley and McQuaid were heading full-steam into the B’s zone chasing down a potential icing puck. Shelley shoved McQuaid from behind, causing No. 54 to crash into the end-boards at full-speed. The blue-liner lay near motionless behind the net of Tim Thomas, face-down for a few scary moments before heading to the Bruins’ locker room. But the tough 24-year-old didn’t miss much time; returning and finishing the second period with nearly four minutes of ice time (6:51 TOI total).
- The Bruins couldn’t capitalize on the five-minute major power play. They are now a disappointing 0-for-2 with seven man-advantage-minutes tonight.
- Flyers’ winger James van Riemsdyk put the Braod Street Bullies on the board first with just under two minutes remaining in the second frame — snapping a one-timer past the glove-side of Thomas.
- Meanwhile Philly’s goaltender Brian Boucher remains solid between the pipes for the Flyers — stopping all 13 shots in this period, and all 22 tonight.
- Patrice Bergeron is 7-of-9 on the face-off dot (78%); Steven Kampfer leads the B’s with three blocked shots; Zdeno Chara has five of the Bruins’ 22 shots tonight; Brad Marchand lead the team with three hits.
Philly: 1 Van Riemsdyk (Giroux 14, Carter 12)
SHOTS ON GOAL:
Bruins: 13 (22)
Philly: 7 (17)
Philly: 15 (Shelley, hit from behind and 10 minute game misconduct)
Bruins: 7 (17)
Philly: 6 (18)
Bruins: 17-for-36 (47%)
Philly: 19-for-36 (53%)