As predicted by yours truly after the first 20 minutes, some bad blood between the Providence Bruins and Worcester Sharks into a wild middle stanza. Overall the two have combined for over 100 penalty minutes – including three 10-minute misconducts and two fighting majors – and are tied at 1-1 through 40 minutes.
- Matt Tennyson – who took a nasty hit from Bobby Robins late in the first – scored the Sharks’ tally at the 4:39 mark, while Chris Bourque scored the Baby B’s goal after a lengthy video review at 9:29. Both goals came on the power play.
- Both Bobby Robins and Frazer McLaren received game misconducts after the two dropped the gloves. That bad blood stemmed from the end of the first period when the two got into an exchange before they entered their respective locker rooms.
- Sharks forward James Sheppard might have a little chip on his shoulder entering the third period. Not only did he get one of the three 10-minute misconducts early in the second, but he also had the Sharks’ go-ahead goal waived off due to goaltender interfernece. Worcester was also called for a bench minor as Roy Sommer was steamming at the officials for disallowing the goal.
- Despite having a 4-on-3 after Sheppard’s penalty, the P-Bruins did not convert. Looks like they’ll be at even strength too as Jamie Tardif got called for a double minor for goaltender interference. Afterwards, Worcester defenseman Mike Brennan got two minutes for slashing and two minutes for roughing.
- Lost in all of this is the play of Alex Stalock and Niklas Svedberg. The two have been moving well between the pipes all night making 21 and 25 saves through two periods, respectively.