Boston Bruins this week | Jan. 31 – Feb. 6
I’m sure the Bruins are the happiest team in the NHL to see January finally end. After losing 3-2 in the shootout last night to the LA Kings, Boston finished with a 3-10-1 record for the month – including a 0-6-1 record in the final half. The B’s schedule gets no easier this week, as they play games two through four of a four-game home-stand, against some serious competition.
Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010: Practice
- The Bruins are scheduled for a rare Sunday practice at Ristuccia Arena, at 11:30am EST. Ristuccia Arena is located at
190 Main St. Wilmington, MA. and is free to the general public.
Monday, Feb. 1, 2010: Practice
- Schedule for 10:30am EST at Ristuccia Arena.
Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2010: Bruins vs. Washington Capitals – 7pm EST at the TD Garden
- The Bruins will be seeking revenge in this one, after losing 4-1 to the Caps in the season opener on Oct. 1 2009, at the TD Garden. The Capitals are the hottest team in the league – winning their last nine, while outscoring opponents 45-19 during that span – and are 12-2-0 in January. Washington [36-12-6, 78 points, 1st Southeast Division, 1st Eastern Conference] hosts the Tampa Bay Lighting on Sunday afternoon, so there’s a solid chance they end the month with another “W”.
Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2010: Practice
- Schedule for 11:30am EST at Ristuccia Arena
Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010: Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens – 7pm EST at the TD Garden
- The B’s lost 2-1 in a shootout in their first of two meetings with the Habs, at the TD Gardenon Nov. 5; and a 5-1 debacle on Dec. 4. inorth of the border. Montreal posts a 25-25-6 record this season [56 points, 3rd Northeast Division, 8th Eastern Conference] and will host the Western Conference, Vancouver Canucks, on Tuesday night. Les Canadiens went 4-8-1 for the month of January, so these are two-points that are very possible, and necessary, for the Black and Gold.
- Boston will be wearing their Third Uniform System, and are 3-4-1 this season wearing such uniforms.
Friday, Feb. 5, 2010: Practice
- Schedule for 11:30am EST at Ristuccia Arena.
Saturday, Feb, 6, 2010: Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks – 1pm EST at the TD Garden
- One of the hottest teams in the West. And to put it bluntly, this game – along with Washington’s game on Tuesday – will be a true testament if boys in Black and Gold are in fact a legitimate team to make a legitimate run into the playoffs. The Canucks are loaded on offense with the Sedin twins and Alexandre Burrows – name just a few – and are backstopped by one of the NHL’s best goaltenders in Roberto Luongo. Vancouver notched a 10-3-0 record in January, and 7-0-0 in their last seven while outscoring their opponents 29-15 during that span.
- Boston will be wearing their Winter Classic Vintage Uniforms in this game. The B’s are 1-1-0 while sporting these Classics.