End of 20: Bruins 2, Habs 0
Paille – Savard – Satan
Sturm – Bergeron – Recchi
Wheeler – Krejci – Ryder
Lucic – Begin – Thornton
Hunwick – Morris
Chara – McQuaid
Ference – Wideman
- David Krejci played just 1:34 – John Bishop will be figuring out the word on No. 46
- Adam McQuaid netted his first NHL goal of his career. A blast from the point and tipped [by a MTL player] past Halak
- Marc Savard assisted on McQuaid’s goal – now goving him points in five of his last six games…and counting…
- Marco Sturm scored his team-leading 17th goal of the season with just under 0:04 remaining in the first
- Tuukka Rask is standing tall in net – stopping all 10 shots he faced in the first 20 minutes – including a dandy on a Brian Gionta slap from the point. Rask make a sweet right pad save to keep the Canadiens at 0.
- Andrew Ference makes his return today – playing nearly five minutes in the first.
- Blake Wheeler dropped the gloves against Habs’ defenseman, Ryan O’Byrne. A couple of overhand rights by No. 26 before losing his balance. Advantage: no one, as it lasted about four seconds. But kudos for Wheels for making a statement of his own.
- I’m not going to jynx anything here: but if the Bruins keep up this type of play for the next 40 minutes…