Pregame musings: Bruins @ Avalanche | 3:00 p.m. EST
The B’s are traveling to the greatest city in America (that I have ever been to) to take on the Western Conference, Colorado Avalanche.
Not only does the Mile High have some of the best food and greatest micro brews in the entire Nation, but it’s one heck of a sports city. I wouldn’t mind being nestled in at the ESPN Zone or some other watering hole on Denver’s fabulous 16th Street today to watch this one.
The B’s will be sporting their Third Jerseys today in the Mile High. In their last four meetings against Colorado, Boston… won 4-1 in ’03-04; lost 4-1 in ’05-06; lost 2-0 in ’06-07; won 5-4 in ’08-09; lost 4-3 in ’09-10.
Bruins: 26-14-7, 59 points, first Northeast Division, third Eastern Conference, 14-5-4 away
Avalanche: 24-17-6, 54 points, second Northwest Division, eighth Western Conference, 13-9-3 at home
After falling 4-2 to the Buffalo Sabres at home on Thursday night, the B’s have a 6-3-2 record in January; taking 14 of a possible 22 standings points.
- Dennis Seidenberg: 2-5=7 totals in his last seven contests
- Gregory Campbell: 4-4-8 in his last seven
- Tim Thomas: 4-0-1, 2 SO, .946 SV%, and a GAA of just under 2.00 in his last five starts
- Patrice Bergeron: 7-5-12 in six of his last nine contests (point-less in his last two)
- Zdeno Chara: 5-4-9 in seven of his last eight games
- The B’s have seven goals in their last 32 power play (21.9%) opportunities — 30-for-169 (17.8%) on the season
- Have killed 16 of their last 18 times short (88.9%) — 129-for-152 (84.9%) on the season
- Are just 1-3-2 against Western Conference teams this season