After 40 Bruins 1 – Flyers 1
BOSTON — In a penalty tight second period, it was a four-on-four goal that paid dividends. Kris Versteeg gets his first of the playoffs at 13:22 as the Flyers and Bruins are tied at 1-1 after 40 minutes.
- Five penalties were called after a penalty free first half of the period. Both teams had one power play each and neither could convert on the man advantage. The Bruins will have 1:37 left of power play time to begin the third as Daniel Briere continues to serve a holding penalty called at 19:36.
- Rich Peverley has had some golden chances throughout the series, including a couple tonight, but has not been able to convert. Milan Lucic was overdue for a goal and he got one tonight, so perhaps Peverley could be next.
- Scott Hartnell seems to be getting under the Bruins’ skin in this contest. He drew a double minor on Zdeno Chara to end the first, and in the middle stanza, he got Lucic involved in a matching minor, which led to the 4-on-4 goal.
- The Flyers have improved in the faceoff circle, winning 11 of 20 faceoffs during the second period. The Bruins continue to hold a 20-18 edge in that department.
- The Bruins are 3-0 when tied after two periods, while the Flyers are 0-2 when trailing after 40.