Pregame notes: Bruins vs. Senators | Jan. 18, 2010
The Boston Bruins will play host to the Ottawa Senators for the second of three times at the TD Garden this season, and for the fifth-of-six-times total on the season. Today, at 1pm EST, these two Northeast Division team will be squaring off for the 99th time with the Bruins holding a 55-28-8-7 overall record while outscoring Ottawa 318-254.
The Bruins – 23-16-8, 54 points, 2nd in the Northeast Division, 5th overall in the East – are 13-8-3 at home this season.
- Tim Thomas’ lifetime stats vs. the Senators: 16-5-0, 2.01 GAA, .935 SV%, and 4 SO.
- The Bruins are the No. 1 ranked NHL team on the PK, 88.1%
- Boston will be playing in their ninth, of 19, matinee games of the season, with a 3-3-2 record.
- The B’s are 4-0-0 against Ottawa this season.
The Senators – 24-21-4, 52 points, 3rd Northeast Division, 7th overall in the East – are 8-13-1 on the road this season.
- The Senators are the 30th ranked NHL team on the PP, 13.8%…
- …and 0-11 in their last five games.
- The Sens are the ninth ranked Pk team in the league, 828%…
- …and 19 for their last 20 over their last five games.
Update: The Bruins will be without Marco Sturm, Steve Begin, and Byron Bitz for today’s lineup. Patrice Bergeron will be a game-time decision, right after warms-ups.